You have probably heard about the amazing and popular Chinese app called WeChat, but maybe you never knew it was time to incorporate it into your business.
My job here is to motivate you to start using WeChat for business. The question of how to use WeChat for Business is answered in this post. I will be giving five amazing tips to help serve as a guide.
However, before we go into all the details, I must equip you with some of the history and super-power roles this great app can play in your business.
WeChat is a Chinese multi-purpose messaging, social media, and mobile payment app developed by Tencent. It was first released in 2011 and became one of the world’s largest standalone mobile apps in 2018, with over 1 billion monthly active users.
The app provides various ways to communicate, including text messages, video calls, photo sharing, group chats, and more. It also contains a variety of mini-apps that allow users to connect with different businesses, services, and features. The app enables users to make mobile payments and transfer money through virtual wallets.
1. Easy Communication: WeChat offers an easy and efficient way for users to communicate with each other. It is an all-in-one messaging, social media and payment platform, meaning that users can do all of these activities on a single platform.
2. Variety of Features: WeChat offers a range of features, including instant messaging, voice/video calling, photo/video sharing, voice messages, location sharing, and more.
3. Games and Mini Programs: WeChat also provides users with a range of games and mini-programs to engage users in fun and interactive experiences.
4. WeChat Pay: Users can send and receive money, pay bills, and make payments using QR codes with the WeChat Pay system.
5. Discover Platform: WeChat offers a Discover section, where users can find news articles, music, videos, and other content.
6. Security: WeChat is a secure platform, making it ideal for sending sensitive information. It encrypts user data and provides users with a variety of privacy and safety measures.
So how do you use WeChat for Business?
1. Set up your WeChat business page: First, set up your official WeChat business page or account. Whether it’s a verified International account or a basic Chinese service account, you must have an official presence on WeChat to target customers.
2. Create content: Content is the key to success when engaging with potential customers on WeChat. If your content is impactful, creative and original, people would be more likely to pack up and read.
3. Connect with competitors: Connecting with your competitors can be beneficial. Check out their WeChat accounts and see what their followers can offer. This can be a great opportunity to learn from their marketing tactics and find potential partnerships.
4. Utilize WeChat promotions: Offering promotions on WeChat such as coupon codes, discounts, giveaways and competitions are an effective way to engage your customers.
5. Advertise: Lastly, you can leverage the various advertising tools WeChat provides to get your business seen. From banner ads to ad links, WeChat lets you create targeted ads for the user group you’re interested in.
Leave a Reply