Ever struggled with the procedures of applying for a Certified Copy of a Court ruling or Order?
Well, I have been there and my goal is to put you on the simple steps of getting the Certified True Copy (CTC) of a court ruling or order. My intentions are to remove every worry or fear you might encounter on how to apply for CTC of a Court ruling or order.
First take the panic or worries out of your mind as the actual procedures to acquire the ruling or order is like taking cookies from the cookie jar.
Now that your worries are over let’s go over the procedures swiftly.
- Draft your letter of application requesting the court ruling or order with all relevant information/details of the suit in it (make sure use your official letter-headed paper and your stamp and seal on it) (See below for a sample letter).
- Take the drafted application to the court to find out if the order or ruling is ready.
- Once you confirm the availability of the ruling or order, you take it to the registry for initialization.
- Take it back to the court register and drop the application, you might be asked to come after a day or two to come to get it.
- Once you get the ruling, you might have to photocopy it yourself before the authorising officer signs on the copy.
- Next step is to take it to the registry for the assessor to give you the amount for certifying the ruling or order.
- Once the amount is stated or given, you are expected to pay the amount via your Remita Code or by cash depending on the court. In most High Court of a State e.g. Lagos State, you pay via cash but in the Federal High Court, you pay via the Remita Code generated at the registry or via their POS services.
- After Payment, You drop the original copy of the application letter with the registrar of the court after acknowledging the receipt of the court ruling or order has been received by you.
Well, from here on get yourself a bottle of coke. Smiles.
SAMPLE APPLICATION LETTER FOR CERTIFIED COPY OF COURT RULING
1st March, 2018.
Lagos State High Court,
APPLICATION FOR CERTIFIED COPY OF THE RULING ON MOTION OF SUBSTITUTED SERVICE ON THE 21st FEBRUARY, 2018 IN SUIT NO: ID/3221HD/2018 – MR. JOHN JACKSON V. MRS. BEAUTY JACKSON
We are counsel to the APPLICANT/PETITIONER in the ABOVE suit and we hereby apply for the certified copy of the court ruling on the motion of substituted service to serve the Respondent by substituted means.
We undertake to pay the requisite fees as assessed.
Thank you for your usual co-operation.
Joseph Okusare Joci
Legal Panic & Associates
( NB: Add your NBA stamp and seal to this letter)
Hope you found this useful?
SHARE, COMMENT & LIKE for more write-ups.
Written By: Okusare Joseph, esq